Beyonce Tells GQ: “I’m More Powerful Than My Mind Can Even Digest” (PHOTOS)
10:59 am, January 10th, 2013PHOTOS
Now the full interview has been released — along with more photos below.
In the story, Beyonce reflects on her path to superstardom.
“I worked so hard during my childhood to meet this goal: By the time I was 30 years old, I could do what I want,” says the Super Bowl halftime performer. “I’ve reached that. I feel very fortunate to be in that position. But I’ve sacrificed a lot of things, and I’ve worked harder than probably anyone I know, at least in the music industry. So I just have to remind myself that I deserve it.”
She says, “One of the reasons I connect to the Super Bowl is that I approach my shows like an athlete.”
“You know how they sit down and watch whoever they’re going to play and study themselves? That’s how I treat this,” explains Beyonce. “I watch my performances, and I wish I could just enjoy them, but I see the light that was late. I see, ‘Oh God, that hair did not work.’ Or ‘I should never do that again.’ I try to perfect myself. I want to grow, and I’m always eager for new information.”
Beyonce says performing allows her to shut her mind off and find peace.
“I love my job, but it’s more than that: I need it,” she says. “Because before I gave birth, it was the only time in my life, all throughout my life, that I was lost.”
She adds, ”It’s like a blackout. When I’m onstage, I don’t know what the crap happens. I am gone.”
Beyond being GQ’s “hottest woman of the past thirteen years,” Beyonce is an enormously successful entertainer who seems to know her place in the showbiz hierarchy.
“I now know that, yes, I am powerful,” she says. “I’m more powerful than my mind can even digest and understand.”
Check out photos from Beyonce’s GQ shoot below — and see the rest here!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank