Beyonce Returns to Stage for First Time Since Giving Birth [UPDATED - VIDEO]
4:46 pm, May 26th, 2012
Beyonce made her return to the stage on Friday, performing for the first time since giving birth to daughter Blue Ivy in January.
The new mom is helping to launch the Revel Resort & Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey with a four-night stand this Memorial Day Weekend.
In the lead-up to her highly anticipated shows, Beyonce noted that while she enjoys motherhood, it’s “important” to return to her “old job.”
After an opening set by R&B singer Luke James, Beyonce hit the stage at about 10:00 p.m. and performed for two hours, belting out hits including “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)” and “Run The World (Girls).”
There were reportedly five costume changes and interstitial home movie-style videos in between songs.
Beyonce’s husband, Jay-Z, was sufficiently impressed.
He tweeted, “‘I’m gonna say this and then I’m gonna end mine.’ BEYONCE is the best performer in the world. Period.”
Check out some of the performances below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors