Eddie Murphy’s Beverly Hills Cop TV Show Gets Pilot Order
2:59 pm, September 4th, 2012
Eddie Murphy is bringing Beverly Hills Cop to the small screen.
CBS has given a pilot production commitment to Murphy and “The Shield” creator Shawn Ryan for a new TV show revolving around the son of Alex Foley, Murphy’s iconic fast-talking police detective from the 1984 blockbuster movie and its two sequels.
The proposed series would focus on Aaron Foley, who works to take down bad guys in ritzy Beverly Hills while dealing with the legacy left by his legendary father.
No actor has yet been attached to the central character, but Murphy himself is set to reprise his role as Axel in the pilot and possibly as a recurring portrayal if the project gets picked up.
In an interview last year with Rolling Stone, Murphy had indicated his plans to develop a TV version of the franchise, explaining that “none of the movie scripts [for a new sequel] were right.”
Would you be excited for a small-screen “Beverly Hills Cop”?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Short Fashionistas Who Style Their Body Right
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna