Better Call Saul Prequel Spinoff of Breaking Bad Moving Forward at AMC
4:40 pm, September 11th, 2013
“Better Call Saul,” a prequel spinoff of “Breaking Bad,” is moving forward at AMC.
On Wednesday, the network and Sony Pictures Television confirmed that they’ve reached a licensing agreement to do a new show featuring Saul Goodman, the sleazy and resourceful lawyer portrayed by Bob Odenkirk on the critically adored drama series, which will end its run later this month.
“Better Call Saul” would be an hour-long drama, lighter in tone than “Breaking Bad,” and focusing on Goodman’s “evolution” before he became the attorney for meth mastermind Walter White.
Goodman joined the “Breaking Bad” universe in its second season and has stuck around as a fan favorite.
No official status or timetable for “Better Call Saul” has been determined, but reports indicate that a series order could come soon.
Are you excited about the “Breaking Bad” spinoff?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Rachel Zoe and Anne Hathaway's Major Break Up Shocker
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video