Ben Affleck On U.S. Senate Speculation: “I’ve Got A Lot On My Plate” (VIDEO)
3:36 pm, December 21st, 2012VIDEO
Could Ben Affleck wind up in the U.S. Senate?
The Argo director’s name is reportedly in the mix to replace Massachusetts senator John Kerry, who was nominated to replace Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State on Friday.
Affleck, who was on Capitol Hill this week to raise awareness about war-ravaged Congo, has been politically active for years and has frequently been the subject of speculation about possible public service.
His appearance in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday, during which he testified on behalf of his Eastern Congo Initiative, revived buzz in political circles that Affleck could fill the presumed vacancy in the Massachusetts delegation if Kerry is indeed confirmed as Secretary of State.
Affleck sidestepped the Senate question when pressed by Bob Schieffer of CBS News for “Face the Nation.”
“One never knows. I’m not one to get into conjecture,” said Affleck with a smile. “I do have a great fondness and admiration for the political process in this country… But I’m not going to get into speculation about my political future.”
He added, “Right now, I’m really happy being involved from the outside in government… I’ve got a lot on my plate.”
A rep for Affleck did not get back to Gossip Cop about rumors the actor-director is on the short list to fill Kerry’s seat.
Check out the video below!
Do you expect Affleck to run for office?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- 14 Stars With Sketchy Pre-Fame Pasts
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?