Ben Affleck to Live on $1.50 a Day
11:25 am, April 23rd, 2013
Ben Affleck has committed to living on $1.50 a day to bring awareness to global poverty.
As part of the “Live Below the Line” anti-poverty campaign, the Oscar winner has pledged to subsist on just $1.50 of food and drink for five days.
Affleck tweeted on Monday, “1.4 billion people live on less than $1.50/day. I’m joining Live #BelowTheLine on behalf of @easterncongo. Will you?”
The movie star has for years been involved with charitable work in the Congo, and is the founder of the Eastern Congo Initiative.
Sophia Bush and Josh Groban are also reportedly taking part in the challenge.
The “Live Below the Line” campaign runs from April 29 to May 3.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?