MAG: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner in “Bitter Battle” Over Family
6:36 pm, March 20th, 2013
The tabloid, which falsely claimed the couple’s marriage was “hanging by a thread” way back in 2010, is once again trying to stir up controversy.
A so-called “source” for the Enquirer now insists that Affleck and Garner have come to a “stand-off over whether to grow their family.”
As proof of some kind of fight, the magazine dredges up a ridiculous rumor from earlier this month that alleges Affleck’s Oscars acceptance speech — in which he called his marriage “the best kind of work” — somehow infuriated Garner.
It did not.
The Enquirer then claims the couple had an “ugly” clash during a post-Oscar party at the Sunset Tower Hotel.
They did not.
The Enquirer wants everyone to believe there was a “public showdown” between Garner and Affleck on Hollywood’s biggest night, but that only its source knew about it, and is now talking about it a month after the fact.
Affleck and Garner had a perfectly joyous Oscars — from his Argo victory to their celebration afterwards — and while certain corners of the tabloid media seem to enjoy baiting them, there’s simply NO truth to rumors of marriage problems.
A source close to the couple tells Gossip Cop the Enquirer story is totally untrue.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Why Does Shailene Woodley Think Twilight is "Toxic?"
- Harry Styles Takes His Womanizing Ways to the Next Level
- Kylie and Kendall: The Jenner Sister's Most Stylish Moments
- 16 Cute Celebrity Pics from Childhood
- Seriously Gorgeous Shots From Your Fave ANTM Alum