Ben Affleck Named Entertainment Weekly’s 2012 “Entertainer of the Year”
11:34 am, November 28th, 2012
Ben Affleck’s big year just got bigger.
On Wednesday, the Argo actor and director was named Entertainment Weekly’s 2012 “Entertainer of the Year.”
Affleck tells the magazine, “When you’re younger and have the early success that I had — it sounds like the worst Hallmark cliche — but I didn’t have anyone to share it with. I don’t mean I wanted someone to sit by the fire with.”
“But when you have a family and children, you kind of see yourself reflected in them,” he continues. “I want to make the kinds of movies that my kids are proud of. I have higher standards, in a way, for them.”
And fellow A-lister and Argo producer George Clooney pays tribute to Affleck in the mag, saying, “Hollywood loves a comeback, and he’s an unbelievable comeback kid.”
What do you think of Affleck getting the top spot?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Kim Kardashian Strips Down To A String Bikini
- Jennifer Aniston Admits Her "Awkward Phase" Was in Her 30?s
- 'Fast & Furious' Team Release Video Tribute To Paul Walker
- Rihanna Keeps It Casual Courtside
- Advice Us Parents Wish We Could Give These Celebs