Ben Affleck Named Entertainment Weekly’s 2012 “Entertainer of the Year”
11:34 am, November 28th, 2012
Ben Affleck’s big year just got bigger.
On Wednesday, the Argo actor and director was named Entertainment Weekly’s 2012 “Entertainer of the Year.”
Affleck tells the magazine, “When you’re younger and have the early success that I had — it sounds like the worst Hallmark cliche — but I didn’t have anyone to share it with. I don’t mean I wanted someone to sit by the fire with.”
“But when you have a family and children, you kind of see yourself reflected in them,” he continues. “I want to make the kinds of movies that my kids are proud of. I have higher standards, in a way, for them.”
And fellow A-lister and Argo producer George Clooney pays tribute to Affleck in the mag, saying, “Hollywood loves a comeback, and he’s an unbelievable comeback kid.”
What do you think of Affleck getting the top spot?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents