Ben Affleck Playing Batman in Man of Steel Sequel – SEE STATEMENT HERE!
9:20 pm, August 22nd, 2013
Ben Affleck is the new Batman.
The actor has been cast as the Caped Crusader in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel, Warner Bros. announced on Thursday night.
Affleck will star opposite Henry Cavill, who is reprising his role as Superman.
In a statement, director Zack Snyder says, “Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”
It will be the first time Batman and Superman have teamed up on the big screen.
The movie, which is still untitled, is slated to begin production next year, and open in theaters on July 17, 2015.
Man of Steel stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will also return for the sequel.
Affleck is no stranger to superhero movies.
In the 2006 movie Hollywoodland, Affleck portrayed George Reeves, who famously played the Man of Steel on TV.
Affleck also starred as the Marvel superhero Daredevil in the 2003 Daredevil movie, alongside future wife Jennifer Garner.
What do you think of Affleck suiting up as Batman?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014