Beanie Sigel Arrested on Gun, Drug Charges 2 Weeks Before Starting Prison
12:29 pm, August 29th, 2012
Beanie Sigel has been arrested on drug and weapons charges in Philadelphia — just two weeks before the rapper is set to begin a two-year prison sentence on tax evasion charges.
The performer, whose real name is Dwight Grant, was a passenger in a car pulled over by troopers on Interstate 95 shortly after 3:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
Cops discovered a gun in the car’s console, as well as prescription pills, marijuana and codeine syrup.
Both the unidentified driver and Sigel are convicted felons banned from carrying firearms.
They were taken into custody.
On September 12, Sigel is due to start a prison stint stemming from his failure to file taxes amounting to roughly $700,000 from 2003 to 2005.
His latest album, “This Time,” debuted on Tuesday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Barbara Walters' Daughter Arrested For DUI
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Remember When: Amanda Bynes, What Happened?
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help