Barron Hilton Ordered to Pay $4.9 Million to Gas Station Attendant He Struck
3:52 pm, July 15th, 2011
Three years ago, an 18-year-old Hilton is said to have driven the wrong way on the Pacific Coast Highway for several miles before he struck Fernando Tellez with his Mercedes at a service stop.
That same day, Hilton was arrested for DUI after testing for 0.14 blood alcohol content. He pleaded no contest.
Tellez sued Hilton, claiming “permanent disability,” and a Los Angeles County Superior Court jury just ordered Hilton to pay him nearly $5 million.
The breakdown is $4.6 million for pain and suffering, medical expenses and loss of earnings; $225,000 for punitive damages; and $71,000 in interest.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable