Barron Hilton Ordered to Pay $4.9 Million to Gas Station Attendant He Struck
3:52 pm, July 15th, 2011
Three years ago, an 18-year-old Hilton is said to have driven the wrong way on the Pacific Coast Highway for several miles before he struck Fernando Tellez with his Mercedes at a service stop.
That same day, Hilton was arrested for DUI after testing for 0.14 blood alcohol content. He pleaded no contest.
Tellez sued Hilton, claiming “permanent disability,” and a Los Angeles County Superior Court jury just ordered Hilton to pay him nearly $5 million.
The breakdown is $4.6 million for pain and suffering, medical expenses and loss of earnings; $225,000 for punitive damages; and $71,000 in interest.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Why Did Chris Brown Leave Rehab Already?
- Kim & Kanye: Is The Wedding On Hold?!
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Melissa Joan Hart Should've Checked The Mirror
- 14 Stars With Sketchy Pre-Fame Pasts