Barron Hilton Ordered to Pay $4.9 Million to Gas Station Attendant He Struck
3:52 pm, July 15th, 2011
Three years ago, an 18-year-old Hilton is said to have driven the wrong way on the Pacific Coast Highway for several miles before he struck Fernando Tellez with his Mercedes at a service stop.
That same day, Hilton was arrested for DUI after testing for 0.14 blood alcohol content. He pleaded no contest.
Tellez sued Hilton, claiming “permanent disability,” and a Los Angeles County Superior Court jury just ordered Hilton to pay him nearly $5 million.
The breakdown is $4.6 million for pain and suffering, medical expenses and loss of earnings; $225,000 for punitive damages; and $71,000 in interest.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?