Barbra Streisand to Perform at Oscars for First Time in 36 Years
10:20 am, January 30th, 2013
Barbra Streisand will perform at the Oscars for the first time in 36 years, it was announced on Wednesday.
“In an evening that celebrates the artistry of movies and music, how could the telecast be complete without Barbra Streisand?” said the show’s producers, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, in a statement.
They added, “We are honored that she has agreed to do a very special performance.”
No additional details were given.
Streisand’s last performance on the Academy Awards stage was in 1977.
She won the Oscar for Best Original Song for “Evergreen” from A Star Is Born that year.
Last week, it was revealed that Adele will perform at the Oscars, which will also feature Norah Jones and a tribute to film musicals from the past decade.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- 10 Most Shocking And Disturbing Celebrity Couples
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Woah! Old Photos of Kim Kardashian
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair