Barbra Streisand to Perform at Oscars for First Time in 36 Years
10:20 am, January 30th, 2013
Barbra Streisand will perform at the Oscars for the first time in 36 years, it was announced on Wednesday.
“In an evening that celebrates the artistry of movies and music, how could the telecast be complete without Barbra Streisand?” said the show’s producers, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, in a statement.
They added, “We are honored that she has agreed to do a very special performance.”
No additional details were given.
Streisand’s last performance on the Academy Awards stage was in 1977.
She won the Oscar for Best Original Song for “Evergreen” from A Star Is Born that year.
Last week, it was revealed that Adele will perform at the Oscars, which will also feature Norah Jones and a tribute to film musicals from the past decade.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed