Barbra Streisand to Perform at Oscars for First Time in 36 Years
10:20 am, January 30th, 2013
Barbra Streisand will perform at the Oscars for the first time in 36 years, it was announced on Wednesday.
“In an evening that celebrates the artistry of movies and music, how could the telecast be complete without Barbra Streisand?” said the show’s producers, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, in a statement.
They added, “We are honored that she has agreed to do a very special performance.”
No additional details were given.
Streisand’s last performance on the Academy Awards stage was in 1977.
She won the Oscar for Best Original Song for “Evergreen” from A Star Is Born that year.
Last week, it was revealed that Adele will perform at the Oscars, which will also feature Norah Jones and a tribute to film musicals from the past decade.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet