WATCH: Barbara Walters Defends Woody Allen, Ignites Fight on The View (VIDEO)
4:38 pm, February 3rd, 2014VIDEO
SEE VIDEO BELOW
As Gossip Cop reported, Allen’s adopted daughter Dylan detailed, in an open letter released over the weekend, accusations that her famous father molested her when she was 7 years old.
Allen strongly denies the claims.
On “The View,” Walters described Allen as a “loving” and “caring” father to his two children with wife Soon-Yi, adding, “I think that has to be said.”
When Jenny McCarthy suggested that Dylan had nothing to gain by coming forward, Walters replied that she’s “supposedly very angry” and going public because of Allen’s recent Oscar nomination.
Walters and Sherri Shepherd then got into a testy exchange when Shepherd pointed out that many criminals had always been viewed differently before their misdeeds were revealed.
The two hosts further battled over whether Allen’s relationship with Soon-Yi, which began when she was a teenager, has any bearing on Dylan’s molestation allegations.
Following the exchange, Walters took a lot of heat on Twitter from viewers who questioned her defense of Allen.
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?