CLAIM: Barbara Walters Making Whoopi Goldberg “Crazy” on The View
10:40 am, June 23rd, 2012
“Barbara Walters is making Whoopi Goldberg so crazy on ‘The View,’” reports the National Enquirer, producers supposedly “had to include 10 paid ‘mental health’ days to keep their loose-lipped moderator from walking away!”
According to a “source” for the tabloid, “Whoopi despises Barbara so much that she almost didn’t sign the new contract.”
Enquirer “insiders” say “the bickering between the women often erupts into heated arguments during commercial breaks,” with one so-called “source” explaining, “Their relationship is so bad right now that on the days Barbara doesn’t come to work, Whoopi sings and dances around the set.”
The mag alleges that Walters and Goldberg’s relationship has been “deteriorating for a few years now,” and that it’s worse with Walters appearing more frequently on “The View.”
Of course, this isn’t the first time the Enquirer has floated this story of problems between the two hosts — and yet the tab’s tales never actually pan out.
Year after year, the magazine pretends to have inside dirt on trouble between Goldberg and Walters, and yet they continue to sign new contracts and work happily side by side.
A rep for the show tells Gossip Cop there’s “absolutely no truth” to the new report of Walters-Goldberg tension, and that it’s a “complete fabrication.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?