Barbara Walters Returns to The View, Says “Well-Known Actor” Gave Her Chicken Pox
2:28 pm, March 4th, 2013VIDEO
Barbara Walters made her big return to “The View” on Monday, more than a month after being hospitalized for a concussion and chicken pox.
The TV veteran explained that her troubles actually began in early January, when she shared a friendly hug and kiss with a “well-known actor,” who later developed “a bad case of shingles.”
Walters said the contact with the unnamed celeb led to her chicken pox, but she suffered another blow — literally — when she fainted at a Washington D.C. party in late January, hitting her head on the marble floor.
Showing off a scar on her head, the 83-year-old said she was left “bloody and unconscious” from the fall, and later received six stitches.
And while Walters didn’t know about the pox until hospital doctors “amazingly” discovered it was the reason she fainted, the concussion she suffered turned out to be the more serious ailment, and kept her on bed rest.
“The only cure for concussion it seems was rest, and that’s what I’ve been doing for months,” said Walters. “The chicken pox came and went weeks ago… The head injury has taken longer.”
She stressed to her concerned co-hosts, “After a lot of scratching and rest, I am fine, and I am healthy.”
Walters ticked off some of the big names who sent her well-wishes, including President Obama, and teared up when Mayor Michael Bloomberg surprised her on stage with flowers.
“You make me cry!” she told him.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank