Barbara Walters: I’m NOT In Bidding War With Oprah For Pippa Middleton Interview
12:03 pm, January 30th, 2012
The rumor, which started in the Mirror and was picked up by outlets like the New York Post and The Daily Beast, claims the “rival chat show heavyweights” are “‘pulling out all the stops’ to secure her as a guest for an hour-long special.”
The Mirror goes on to allege Walters “is pushing bosses to offer a six-figure deal for the chat” with Middleton, who is releasing a party-planning book later this year.
On “The View,” Walters said the reports are completely fabricated.
“It’s not true,” the veteran journalist said. “ABC News does not pay for interviews.”
She added, “To make it clear: Would I like to do the interview? Yes. I think she’s a charming, beautiful girl. Will I pay to do the interview? No.”
And there you have it!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Woah! Old Photos of Kim Kardashian
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 50 Pics Of Hollywood's Most Adorable Couples
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed