Barbara Walters: I’m NOT In Bidding War With Oprah For Pippa Middleton Interview
12:03 pm, January 30th, 2012
The rumor, which started in the Mirror and was picked up by outlets like the New York Post and The Daily Beast, claims the “rival chat show heavyweights” are “‘pulling out all the stops’ to secure her as a guest for an hour-long special.”
The Mirror goes on to allege Walters “is pushing bosses to offer a six-figure deal for the chat” with Middleton, who is releasing a party-planning book later this year.
On “The View,” Walters said the reports are completely fabricated.
“It’s not true,” the veteran journalist said. “ABC News does not pay for interviews.”
She added, “To make it clear: Would I like to do the interview? Yes. I think she’s a charming, beautiful girl. Will I pay to do the interview? No.”
And there you have it!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?