Barbara Walters: I’m NOT In Bidding War With Oprah For Pippa Middleton Interview
12:03 pm, January 30th, 2012
The rumor, which started in the Mirror and was picked up by outlets like the New York Post and The Daily Beast, claims the “rival chat show heavyweights” are “‘pulling out all the stops’ to secure her as a guest for an hour-long special.”
The Mirror goes on to allege Walters “is pushing bosses to offer a six-figure deal for the chat” with Middleton, who is releasing a party-planning book later this year.
On “The View,” Walters said the reports are completely fabricated.
“It’s not true,” the veteran journalist said. “ABC News does not pay for interviews.”
She added, “To make it clear: Would I like to do the interview? Yes. I think she’s a charming, beautiful girl. Will I pay to do the interview? No.”
And there you have it!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days