Barbara Walters: I Relate to Angelina Jolie Because I Had My Ovaries Removed
4:24 pm, May 14th, 2013VIDEO
The newswoman, who recently announced her retirement, revealed on Tuesday’s “The View,” “My sister passed away from ovarian cancer and I had my ovaries removed. It’s not like having the breasts because people don’t see it. But it’s a decision you have to make — it’s preventative.”
Walters offered, “What I think with Angelina… she’s such a sex symbol and we associate sex with breasts so often. And the fact that she did this and has retained her beauty and her sexuality.”
“I think it was brave of her, she did it for her own health, but it was so brave to write about it. A women’s sexuality is not tied up with her breasts,” added the anchor.
Check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting