Barbara Walters: I Relate to Angelina Jolie Because I Had My Ovaries Removed
4:24 pm, May 14th, 2013VIDEO
The newswoman, who recently announced her retirement, revealed on Tuesday’s “The View,” “My sister passed away from ovarian cancer and I had my ovaries removed. It’s not like having the breasts because people don’t see it. But it’s a decision you have to make — it’s preventative.”
Walters offered, “What I think with Angelina… she’s such a sex symbol and we associate sex with breasts so often. And the fact that she did this and has retained her beauty and her sexuality.”
“I think it was brave of her, she did it for her own health, but it was so brave to write about it. A women’s sexuality is not tied up with her breasts,” added the anchor.
Check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage