Controversy After Barbara Walters And Whoopi Goldberg Use N-Word On Air [VIDEO]
2:30 pm, October 3rd, 2011VIDEO
Over the weekend, it was reported that the Texas governor has longtime ties to hunting grounds located on property that’s been referred to quite offensively as “N*ggerhead.”
Things got intense this morning after “The View” panel began talking about Perry’s disputed past and rival candidate Herman Cain‘s response to it.
ABC bleeped out the full term when Goldberg and Walters used it, but the studio audience gasped and Sherri Shepherd told Walters, “I didn’t like the way you said it” (compared to Goldberg’s use of the charged term).
“I’m not sure if it’s a semantics thing, but it’s something that goes through my body… I probably could never explain the way I feel,” said Shepherd.
The tension highlights a debate that comes up again and again in journalism and pop culture – Should that word be used when it’s at the heart of a news story being reported?
Should Walters and Goldberg have been allowed to say it on the air?
Should a newspaper or website feel free to print it (as the original Washington Post report did)?
It’s obviously an extremely sensitive issue.
Gossip Cop is curious to hear your thoughts.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian