Barbara Walters on Rumored Retirement: “I Have No Announcement to Make” (VIDEO)
12:52 pm, April 1st, 2013VIDEO
Barbara Walters isn’t going anywhere — yet.
The veteran journalist addressed retirement rumors on “The View” on Monday, shooting down speculation that she would announce her plans this week.
“There were many reports last week saying that I was retiring from ABC and there was an assumption that I would be making an an announcement today,” began Walters, noting that paparazzi were even staked outside her home this morning in anticipation of the news.
She continued, “However, here I am, and I have no announcement to make.”
Still, Walters didn’t outright deny that a retirement, reportedly slated for May of 2014, is in the cards.
“But I do want to say this, if and when I might have an announcement to make, I will do it on this program ["The View"], I promise,” she said, “and the paparazzi guys — you will be the last to know.”
Check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents