Aziz Ansari Signs Reported $3.5 Million Deal For First Book
5:48 pm, August 22nd, 2013
Aziz Ansari has reportedly signed a $3.5 million book deal to write about love, single life and technology.
On Thursday, Penguin announced that the comedian and “Parks and Recreation” star will publish his first book — still untitled — in September 2015.
According to the publisher, it “will provide an investigation into what Ansari argues is an entirely new era for singles, in which the basic issues facing a single person — whom we meet, how we meet them, and what happens next — have been radically altered by new technologies.”
Ansari himself said, “You know when you text someone you’re romantically interested in and you don’t hear anything back and then you see them post a photo of a pizza on Instagram? That’s exactly what I want this book to deal with.”
“These are strange conundrums that no generation has ever faced before and it’s a fascinating jumping off point for what I hope will be a very interesting book about modern courtship,” adds the comedian.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Publisher’s Weekly reports that Ansari will earn a $3.5 million advance.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?