Aziz Ansari Signs Reported $3.5 Million Deal For First Book
5:48 pm, August 22nd, 2013
Aziz Ansari has reportedly signed a $3.5 million book deal to write about love, single life and technology.
On Thursday, Penguin announced that the comedian and “Parks and Recreation” star will publish his first book — still untitled — in September 2015.
According to the publisher, it “will provide an investigation into what Ansari argues is an entirely new era for singles, in which the basic issues facing a single person — whom we meet, how we meet them, and what happens next — have been radically altered by new technologies.”
Ansari himself said, “You know when you text someone you’re romantically interested in and you don’t hear anything back and then you see them post a photo of a pizza on Instagram? That’s exactly what I want this book to deal with.”
“These are strange conundrums that no generation has ever faced before and it’s a fascinating jumping off point for what I hope will be a very interesting book about modern courtship,” adds the comedian.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Publisher’s Weekly reports that Ansari will earn a $3.5 million advance.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship