The Avengers Breaks Second Weekend Records, Earns $104 Million
12:00 am, May 13th, 2012BOX OFFICE
America’s favorite superheroes continued to dominate the box office in historic fashion.
After shattering records with a $207 million opening, The Avengers earned $103 million in its second weekend, not only throttling the current box office competition, but also topping the previous Week 2 high marks of blockbusters Avatar and The Dark Knight.
Both of those movies took in $75 million in their second weekends — a figure The Avengers easily soared past.
The Avengers also glided past the $1 billion mark globally.
Nabbing third even further down was Think Like A Man with just $6.5 million in ticket sales.
The Hunger Games and The Lucky One finished in fourth and fifth places with $4.4 million and $4.1 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were The Five-Year Engagement ($3.2 million), Pirates! Band of Misfits ($3 million), The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel ($2.7 million), the Edgar Allan Poe thriller The Raven ($2.5 million), and Chimpanzee ($1.7) million.
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Pamela Anderson Debuts Super Short Haircut
- Too Much Chaos At Kardashian Household For Kanye?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Kanye West Changing Last Name To Kardashian?
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Hugh Jackman Opens Up About Cancer Scare
- Taylor Swift Set To Respond To Bieber's Diss?
- Kim & Kanye: Is The Wedding On Hold?!
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!