Avalanna Routh, “Mrs.” Justin Bieber, Dies at 6 After Brain Cancer Fight [UPDATE]
10:47 am, September 26th, 2012
The sad news was announced on Routh’s Twitter account early on Wednesday morning.
“Our darling Avalanna went to Heaven this morning. Oh Avalanna, the brightest star – you took our hearts with you, our greatest Love,” read the update.
Last February, after the little girl’s battle with Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor (AT/RT) and love for her pretend “husband” Bieber gained national attention, Bieber arranged to meet with Routh.
The pair hung out for two hours in Bieber’s hotel room, playing Candyland, eating cupcakes and Sour Patch Kids, and signing each other’s hands.
Bieber referred to Routh as “#MrsBieber” on Twitter, and the singer kept in touch with his ”wife” after their initial meeting, calling the experience “one of the best things I have ever done.”
UPDATE — Bieber responded to Routh’s death on Wednesday afternoon.
“Just got the worst news ever. One of the greatest spirits I have ever known is gone. Please pray for her family and for her,” wrote Bieber on Twitter. “RIP Avalanna. I love you.”
He then linked to the Cure AT/RT Now site.
Bieber continued, “Please show respect to her and her family. Say a prayer for her and for them. I miss her.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party