Ashton Kutcher Defends Miley Cyrus Against CNN Attack
6:39 pm, May 13th, 2010
The actor took to his Twitter account to fire back at CNN’s Rick Sanchez after the “Rick’s List” host used his show to question Cyrus’ actions.
After tweeting about the video and showing it on air, Sanchez said, “Could I just speak for a moment as a father and as someone who has an eight-year-old?…That’s troublesome. And just the physicality of it alone and the fact that she’s 16-years-old. And this isn’t posing for a Hollywood magazine or a picture, because we understand that when you get into that arena, you got to play along with that game kind of thing. I am troubled viewing that.”*
Sanchez added that if he saw his daughter dancing like Cyrus, she “would be dragged [out], and I don’t care if it’s kicking and screaming for behaving that way. Maybe it’s me. Maybe it’s crazy.”
Kutcher objected to Sanchez’s comments, tweeting, “ur [sic] comments on Miley R completely unwarranted. She’s 17. What is this the movie Footloose? judgment is unbecoming.”
“I think it’s important to think about the context of the event she was at” he continued in another tweet. “It’s not like she was at a club w/ some stranger.”
Kutcher also suggested that if Sanchez wanted to “report about exploitation of teenagers report on this,” and provided a link to an article on children being sold as sex slaves.
Do you agree with Sanchez or Kutcher?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
*Sanchez’s remarks come directly from a transcript, as of this posting, on CNN’s website.
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails