Ashton Kutcher Defends Miley Cyrus Against CNN Attack
6:39 pm, May 13th, 2010
The actor took to his Twitter account to fire back at CNN’s Rick Sanchez after the “Rick’s List” host used his show to question Cyrus’ actions.
After tweeting about the video and showing it on air, Sanchez said, “Could I just speak for a moment as a father and as someone who has an eight-year-old?…That’s troublesome. And just the physicality of it alone and the fact that she’s 16-years-old. And this isn’t posing for a Hollywood magazine or a picture, because we understand that when you get into that arena, you got to play along with that game kind of thing. I am troubled viewing that.”*
Sanchez added that if he saw his daughter dancing like Cyrus, she “would be dragged [out], and I don’t care if it’s kicking and screaming for behaving that way. Maybe it’s me. Maybe it’s crazy.”
Kutcher objected to Sanchez’s comments, tweeting, “ur [sic] comments on Miley R completely unwarranted. She’s 17. What is this the movie Footloose? judgment is unbecoming.”
“I think it’s important to think about the context of the event she was at” he continued in another tweet. “It’s not like she was at a club w/ some stranger.”
Kutcher also suggested that if Sanchez wanted to “report about exploitation of teenagers report on this,” and provided a link to an article on children being sold as sex slaves.
Do you agree with Sanchez or Kutcher?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
*Sanchez’s remarks come directly from a transcript, as of this posting, on CNN’s website.
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?