Ashton Kutcher’s House Swarmed by Cops After Apparent Prank Home Invasion Call
4:24 pm, October 3rd, 2012
Ashton Kutcher’s home in Los Angeles was swarmed by police on Wednesday after someone claimed a home invasion robbery was in progress — but it appears to have been a prank.
Law enforcement officials say a young woman called cops, supposedly hiding in a closet in the house, where “several Russian men with weapons” were in the midst of an alleged heist.
But when police arrived on the scene, there was no criminal activity whatsoever.
Cops questioned three men who were found in the residence, but they turned out to be maintenance workers — not robbers.
Law enforcement sources tell Gossip Cop they’re now investigating the incident as a possible “swatting” prank, in which someone places a 911 call about a non-existent crime in order to provoke an emergency response.
Miley Cyrus was the subject of a “swatting” hoax in August.
Gossip Cop will have updates on the Kutcher situation.
Kutcher was not home at the time of the incident.
He tweeted, “Safe an[d] sound at two and a half men.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Rachel Zoe and Anne Hathaway's Major Break Up Shocker
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video