Ashton Kutcher: Fruitarian Diet Put Me In Hospital While Doing Steve Jobs Movie
5:36 pm, January 26th, 2013
Ashton Kutcher plays iconic Apple founder Steve Jobs in the upcoming jOBS — and his commitment to the role landed him in the hospital.
Speaking with the Associated Press at the movie’s Sundance Film Festival premiere on Friday, Kutcher explained that he adopted Jobs’ “fruitarian diet” as part of his preparation, which “can lead to some serious issues.”
“I ended up in the hospital two days before we started shooting the movie,” said Kutcher. “I was like doubled over in pain, and my pancreas levels were completely out of whack, which was completely terrifying, considering everything.”
Jobs died of complications from pancreatic cancer in 2011.
Kutcher’s health scare wasn’t the only frightening element of the project.
Playing the legendary tech and business leader, especially so soon after his death, felt like a risky proposition to the actor.
“It was kind of like throwing myself into this gauntlet [of] massive amounts of criticism because somebody’s going to go, ‘Well, it wasn’t exactly…’” explains Kutcher, who called the part “one of the most terrifying things I’ve ever tried to do in my life.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Why Does Shailene Woodley Think Twilight is "Toxic?"
- Harry Styles Takes His Womanizing Ways to the Next Level
- Kylie and Kendall: The Jenner Sister's Most Stylish Moments
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her