Ashton Kutcher: Fruitarian Diet Put Me In Hospital While Doing Steve Jobs Movie
5:36 pm, January 26th, 2013
Ashton Kutcher plays iconic Apple founder Steve Jobs in the upcoming jOBS — and his commitment to the role landed him in the hospital.
Speaking with the Associated Press at the movie’s Sundance Film Festival premiere on Friday, Kutcher explained that he adopted Jobs’ “fruitarian diet” as part of his preparation, which “can lead to some serious issues.”
“I ended up in the hospital two days before we started shooting the movie,” said Kutcher. “I was like doubled over in pain, and my pancreas levels were completely out of whack, which was completely terrifying, considering everything.”
Jobs died of complications from pancreatic cancer in 2011.
Kutcher’s health scare wasn’t the only frightening element of the project.
Playing the legendary tech and business leader, especially so soon after his death, felt like a risky proposition to the actor.
“It was kind of like throwing myself into this gauntlet [of] massive amounts of criticism because somebody’s going to go, ‘Well, it wasn’t exactly…’” explains Kutcher, who called the part “one of the most terrifying things I’ve ever tried to do in my life.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- 14 Iconic Hairstyles Made Popular By Celebrities
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan