Star Magazine Keeps Cheating Readers with Ashton Kutcher “Betrayal” Trash
1:00 pm, September 15th, 2010
Now Kutcher’s attorney has struck back.
“Star Magazine continuously publishes lies about Ashton Kutcher and many other celebrities. This is not the first, nor will it be the last time they engage in reckless conduct,” said lawyer Marty Singer in a statement.
This week, the tabloid publishes an account of July 24, when Jones and her family were supposedly seated next to Kutcher, Moore and friends at Lucky Strike Lanes, a bowling alley in Hollywood.
An alleged flirtation there eventually led to a July 27 rendezvous at the couple’s home while Moore filmed a movie in Detroit. Jones tells Star that she and Kutcher “made love on the couch” in his living room.
Kutcher supposedly ended the fling during a second meeting.
Of course, Star takes Jones’ details of her wild night with Kutcher at face value, never bothering to check with additional sources. And the only hard piece of “evidence” it can summon is a mythical July 25 Facebook posting allegedly by Moore (since removed) that shows the napkin on which Jones gave Kutcher her phone number.
It strikes us as odd, and awfully convenient for Star, that Moore would publicize Kutcher’s “betrayal” to a million fans… but that nothing would be reported for more than six weeks.
This isn’t the first time Star has tried to brand Kutcher as a “cheater.”
The tabloid recently claimed the actor “kissing and groping a hot young blonde” at Los Angeles restaurant Madeo. Kutcher was so incensed by Star‘s fabrications, he personally challenged the rag on Twitter. The star labeled the story “defamation of character” and accused editors of “writing fiction.”
When Gossip Cop called the tab’s offices to see if it stood by its reporting, there was no response.
We expect Star to be just as quiet this time, but the hole the magazine is digging for itself just keeps getting deeper.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank