Ashly Williams Gets Standing Ovation for “I Will Always Love You” on X Factor
9:21 pm, September 19th, 2013VIDEO
Ashly Williams received the lone standing ovation on Thursday’s “X Factor” for her moving and powerful rendition of “I Will Always Love You.”
The 24-year-old — who was performing in memory of her murdered mother, whom the judges did not know about — broke down in tears at the overwhelmingly positive reception.
Kelly Rowland told Williams afterward, “It’s so funny, you’re saying ‘thank you’ to everybody, and it’s beautiful and it’s humbling.”
“But thank you, baby girl, for spilling your heart out in that vocal,” said the Destiny’s Child singer.
Paulina Rubio said, “Oh my god, I was just captivated by your talent. That was an amazing performance… You’ve got it.”
Demi Lovato declared, “Ashly, I’m like speechless. I had chills all over my arms and legs.”
“And I can feel in it you, I can feel that heart…” the judge went on, later adding, ”I want to mentor you.”
And Simon Cowell told the contestant, “You know what, Ashly, this is why we brought the show to America — to find somebody like you.”
“I think we just scratched the surface with you, Ashley, because I think that you’re seriously, seriously good,” he continued.
Check out the emotional video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents