Arsenio Hall Canceled After One Season
“The Arsenio Hall Show” has been canceled.
CBS Television Distribution revealed the somewhat surprising news on Friday, three months after it was announced that Hall’s return to late-night TV after nearly two decades had been renewed for a second season.
“Unfortunately, The Arsenio Hall Show will not return for a second season; while there are many loyal fans of the show, the series did not grow its audience enough to continue,” said the company in a statement.
It continued, “Arsenio is a tremendous talent and we’d like to thank him for all the hard work and energy he put into the show.”
The host said in a statement, “I’m gratified for the year we’ve had and proud of the show we created. I’d like to thank everyone on my staff for rallying around me and striving to make the best show possible every night.”
Hall returned to the late-night landscape last September, 19 years after his groundbreaking original show ended its run in 1994.
Are you disappointed to see “Arsenio” canceled?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!