It’s Official: Arsenio Hall to Launch New Late Night Talk Show in Fall 2013
5:59 pm, June 18th, 2012
Arsenio Hall is returning to late night.
The “Celebrity Apprentice” winner will launch a new 11 p.m. syndicated talk show in September 2013, it was announced on Monday.
Hall’s still-untitled program is already set to be carried in the country’s top 10 markets, and 17 of the top 20.
“It’s an amazing feeling to be going HOME to my old friends and colleagues and firing up our ‘Night Thing,’” said Hall. “Let’s get busy… AGAIN!”
Hall’s original FOX show, a surprise hit as the youth-oriented alternative to Johnny Carson’s “The Tonight Show,” ran from 1989 to 1994.
The new program will be a partnership between CBS Television Distribution and Tribune, which will carry it on more than a dozen of its stations.
On Monday, CBS Television Distribution president John Nogawski said of Hall, “Years ago, he transcended time periods and attracted a crossover audience while bringing a fresh perspective to late night.”
He added, “That same need in the market exists today as when we originally launched. We are looking forward to the same success with Arsenio’s seasoned expertise and appeal in this genre.”
Will you be tuning into Hall’s return to the format he once helped reinvent?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- CBS CEO Takes Shot At TODAY Show Troubles
- Reese Witherspoon Goes Back to Her Signature Look
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White