Paparazzi Crackdown Signed Into Law
9:43 am, October 1st, 2010
The state of California has taken a major step toward stopping dangerous paparazzi behavior.
The legislation imposes tougher penalties — including fines and possible imprisonment — for paparazzi who break traffic laws, block sidewalks, interfere with the operation of a vehicle, and create the sensation of “false imprisonment” for the individuals they pursue.
The assembly passed the measure in August, but it still needed Schwarzenegger’s signature.
News organizations had argued that since the type of behavior targeted — such as reckless driving — is already illegal, special prosecution of photographers would be a violation of the First Amendment.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West