Arnold Schwarzenegger Reportedly Set to Star as “Conan the Barbarian” Again
6:10 pm, October 25th, 2012
Arnold Schwarzenegger will reportedly reprise his role as Conan the Barbarian on the big screen.
The former Governor of California’s revived movie career will include a starring turn as the warrior king in The Legend of Conan, currently being targeted for 2014, according to Deadline.
It would feature Schwarzenegger in the mythic role that launched him to superstardom in the early 1980s.
The new project would continue the story from the original Conan the Barbarian, skipping Schwarzenegger’s sequel Conan the Destroyer and the 2011 reboot starring Jason Momoa.
“The original ended with Arnold on the throne as a seasoned warrior, and this is the take of the film we will make,” producer Fredrik Malmberg tells the site.
He explains, “It’s that Nordic Viking mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he’ll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle.”
And it sounds like Schwarzenegger is ready for the challenge.
“I always loved the Conan character and I’m honored to be asked to step into the role once again,” he’s quoted as saying.
Would you like to see a new Schwarzenegger Conan movie?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair