Schwarzenegger & Shriver Say Son “Expected to Make Full Recovery”
4:23 pm, July 22nd, 2011
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver are currently going through a divorce, but they united today to say their 13-year-old son Christopher Schwarzenegger, who was injured a few days ago in a surfing accident, is “expected to make a full recovery.”
In a joint statement, Shriver and Schwarzenegger said: “A few days ago our son Christopher suffered an accident at the beach. While it has been a very scary week, Christopher is surrounded by his family and friends. He is a brave boy and is expected to make a full recovery.”
“On behalf of our entire family,” the statement continued, “we want to sincerely thank the paramedics and lifeguards who responded so swiftly as well as the doctors, nurses, emergency room and hospital staff who have cared for our son. They have been extraordinary to him and to us.”
The statement concluded, “We thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and ask for respect and privacy for Christopher and our family.”
As Gossip Cop reported earlier, Christopher sustained multiple broken bones and a collapsed lung from the surfing accident.
The whole family has rallied by the teen’s side, and his siblings have also offered their support via Twitter.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks