Modern Family Star Ariel Winter Subjected to Emotional Abuse, Says Judge
6:07 pm, November 20th, 2012
Ariel Winter, the 14-year-old “Modern Family” star who was removed from her mom’s house following abuse allegations, will remain in the care of her older sister Shanelle Workman for several weeks more after a judge determined on Tuesday that her mom Crystal Workman should not regain custody of her daughter.
In his ruling, Judge Michael Levanas noted that the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services determined Winter had been subjected to some emotional abuse, but that allegations of physical abusive were “inconclusive.”
The Department of Children and Family Services also recommended that the actress’ older sister be given permanent guardianship of Winter.
A trial to decide that issue is slated for December 12.
Crystal Workman has denied abusing her daughter.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Is Honey Boo Boo's Mom June Shannon Pregnant?
- Ellen DeGeneres Gives Oscars Pizza Delivery Man Enormous Tip
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Wedding REVEALED
- Woman Found Asleep in Bieber's Bed After Break-In
- Kate Upton Dissed by Fellow Sports Illustrated Cover Girl
- Lupita Nyong'o Heritage Secret Revealed
- 8 Celebrities Who Make Us Want to Get a Bob
- The Hottest Celebrity Nursery Trends
- Kate Bosworth Pairs a Leather Jacket with Stylish Skinny Jeans
- 'Teen Mom 2': Leah Messer Isn't Giving Up on Her Daughter