Modern Family Star Ariel Winter Subjected to Emotional Abuse, Says Judge
6:07 pm, November 20th, 2012
Ariel Winter, the 14-year-old “Modern Family” star who was removed from her mom’s house following abuse allegations, will remain in the care of her older sister Shanelle Workman for several weeks more after a judge determined on Tuesday that her mom Crystal Workman should not regain custody of her daughter.
In his ruling, Judge Michael Levanas noted that the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services determined Winter had been subjected to some emotional abuse, but that allegations of physical abusive were “inconclusive.”
The Department of Children and Family Services also recommended that the actress’ older sister be given permanent guardianship of Winter.
A trial to decide that issue is slated for December 12.
Crystal Workman has denied abusing her daughter.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Ouch!! Kanye West Bangs His Head Into Street Pole
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed