Modern Family Star Ariel Winter Subjected to Emotional Abuse, Says Judge
6:07 pm, November 20th, 2012
Ariel Winter, the 14-year-old “Modern Family” star who was removed from her mom’s house following abuse allegations, will remain in the care of her older sister Shanelle Workman for several weeks more after a judge determined on Tuesday that her mom Crystal Workman should not regain custody of her daughter.
In his ruling, Judge Michael Levanas noted that the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services determined Winter had been subjected to some emotional abuse, but that allegations of physical abusive were “inconclusive.”
The Department of Children and Family Services also recommended that the actress’ older sister be given permanent guardianship of Winter.
A trial to decide that issue is slated for December 12.
Crystal Workman has denied abusing her daughter.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents