Ariel Winter of “Modern Family” Removed From Home Following Abuse Allegations
3:27 pm, November 7th, 2012
Ariel Winter, the 14-year-old “Modern Family” star, has been removed from her mom’s house following abuse allegations.
After a hearing last month, a judge determined that claims of Winter being physically and emotionally abused by mother Crystal Workman were serious enough to warrant the young actress being placed in the temporary guardianship of her older sister Shanelle Workman.
Winter’s mom has also been ordered to stay more than 100 yards away from her.
There had been reports that Winter, who plays Alex Dunphy on “Modern Family,” was seeking legal emancipation from her mother in order to live with her boyfriend, but Gossip Cop has learned that version of events is not true.
Unfortunately, it appears things are more serious than that.
The specific nature of the abuse allegations involving Winter and her mother have not been divulged.
The judge in the case has set another hearing for November 20, according to TMZ.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents