Aretha Franklin Calls Off Engagement
1:30 pm, January 23rd, 2012
That was fast.
It looks like Aretha Franklin won’t be walking down the aisle after all.
The singer and beau William “Willie” Wilkerson have called off their engagement, Gossip Cop can confirm.
Franklin says in a statement, “Will and I have decided we were moving a little too fast, and there were a number of things that had not been thought through thoroughly.”
“There will be no wedding at this time,” she adds.
The couple’s plan to wed was announced earlier this month.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?