April Fools’ Day: 5 Best Celebrity Pranks!
It’s April Fools’ Day, and to celebrate Gossip Cop is taking a look back at some of the best celebrity pranks with Adele, Kim Kardashian, Rihanna and more! See five of the craziest jokes from the last year below.
(1) When Adele joined forces with Ellen DeGeneres in February for a prank, the results were bound to be hilarious. An unsuspecting crew at a Jamba Juice in Los Angeles was subjected to the singer doing whatever the talk show host told her to via an ear piece. The stunt included Adele dumping of her candy and handcuff-filled purse on the counter, spiking her smoothie with Amaretto, and having an assistant brush her hair. As a by-product, the prank revealed that Adele is actually a skilled actor and comedienne.
(2) A Kendall Jenner pregnancy?! The model pranked her older sister Kim Kardashian on January’s premiere of “Kocktails with Khloe.” “I was calling to tell you something I haven’t told anyone yet because I feel like you could help me figure what I should do, but I… am… pregnant,” Jenner told her sister. Kardashian was quick to turn the bombshell into a moment for her to vent about her own life. “I’m not the one to talk to, because I had like the worst experience, and I’m like so fresh off the worst birthing experience,” she said. “Today is not the day because I would literally be a little more negative because I’m on like one hour of sleep because North was up all night and I was feeding [Saint] every two seconds. Literally, my day has been like so crazy, and I’ve had no sleep, and I wanna like die.” Luckily, Khloe Kardashian stepped in and revealed it was just a prank, and Jenner was not actually pregnant.
(3) There are times when pranks go too far. Unfortunately Paris Hilton knows this all too well. In June, the hotel heiress was made to believe a plane she was aboard was crashing. The stunt was part of the Arab show “Ramez in Control,” also known as “Ramez Wakel el-Gaw,” which is hosted by Egyptian TV personality Ramez Galal. As part of the stunt, the plane began plummeting towards the ground and Hilton was told the only way to avoid being in a crash would be to jump out of the plane. It was only after the plane had safely landed and Hilton got off hysterically crying that she’s told it was all a joke… a very tasteless joke. In addition to being extremely upset and shaken by the incident, Hilton sued the show for emotional distress.
(4) George Clooney revealed last May that he was in the midst of pulling a prank on Brad Pitt that could land him behind bars. “I’m doing one now that I can’t tell you about, but in a year you are going to hear I’ve been arrested. I’m not kidding, because I think I’ve crossed the line,” he said on “The Graham Norton Show.” It’s almost been a year and so far, no Clooney arrest! Gossip Cop thinks it’s time Pitt revealed to the world just how epic Clooney’s prank was… if he even managed too pull it off.
(5) Last April Fools’ Day, Rihanna pulled an amazing prank on Jimmy Kimmel. The singer crept into his actual bedroom in the middle of the night as he slept and started performing “B*tch Better Have My Money.” The singer at one point yelled, “Wake the f*ck up, Jimmy!” A bewildered and confused Kimmel was seen removing dental gear from his mouth as he attempted to understand just why Rihanna was in his bedroom. The host’s wife, Molly McNearney, was in on the whole thing.
On this April Fools’ Day, celebrities who have been doing pranks include John Stamos and Gwen Stefani. No word yet if Ashton Kutcher is making some poor star get “Punk’d.”