‘Fast Five’ Speeds to Record Opening [BOX OFFICE UPDATE]
5:00 pm, May 1st, 2011BOX OFFICE
Fast Five blew past the box office competition this weekend, racing to an $83.6 million haul, the biggest opening of 2011 and the best-ever April debut.
Animated favorite Rio continues to do well, finishing in second place with $14.5 million, while Madea’s Big Happy Family ($10 million) edged Water for Elephants ($9.1 million) for the #3 spot.
The high school Disney release Prom ($5 million) opened weakly, as did fairy tale feature Hoodwinked Too! ($4.1 million).
Soul Surfer had a $4.1 million fourth weekend, trailed by low-budget horror flick Insidious ($2.6 million) and Hop ($2.2 million).
Scream 4‘s $2.1 million take rounded out the Top Ten.
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- Gisele Bundchen's Glam Breastfeeding Photo
- Bethenny Frankel On Getting Talk Show Guests to Open Up
- '90s Hairstyles We Thought Were Absolutely Cool
- Kim Kardashian Addresses eBay Auction Donation Controversy
- Is Blake Lively Trying To Revive Her Career?
- Best Halloween Costumes In Hollywood
- Kardashian Family Xmas Kards Through the Years
- Famous Left Handers
- Kris Jenner Gushes About Kanye West