‘Rio’ Tops Box Office While ‘Madea’ and ‘Water for Elephants’ Have Big Openings
4:15 am, April 24th, 2011BOX OFFICE
The animated bird tale earned $26.5 million for the top spot, followed by Madea’s Big Happy Family, which was a close second with $26.1 million.
Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon‘s Water For Elephants came in third with $17.6 million.
Easter bunny film Hop took fourth place with $12 million, while Scream 4 came in a distant fifth with $7.1 million.
Rounding out the Top Ten were African Cats ($6.1 million), Soul Surfer ($5.5 million), Insidious ($5.2 million), Hanna ($5 million), and Source Code ($4.8 million).
What did you see this holiday weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents