Apollo Nida, Husband of Real Housewives Star Phaedra Parks, Charged in Wild Alleged Identity Theft and Fraud Scheme
4:38 pm, January 25th, 2014
His alleged scheme was pretty wild.
According to the U.S. Secret Service, Nida created fake companies, enabling him to access databases with sensitive information about the individuals whose identities he then allegedly stole.
He is accused of opening phony bank accounts, under the names of the victims, and then filling those accounts with stolen U.S. Treasury checks, auto loan payments, and unclaimed money from state and federal agencies.
Nida also allegedly deposited stolen retirement checks for Delta Airlines employees.
A woman named Gayla St. Julien, who was arrested in September 2013, claims that she was Nida’s “right hand b*tch” in carrying out his alleged schemes.
Nida, who has previously been in prison for racketeering, was released on a pretrial bond of $25,000.
A hearing is set for February 12.
His wife, “Real Housewives” star Parks, is an attorney.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court