Antonio Brown Joins “Dancing With The Stars”
Antonio Brown has officially joined “Dancing With The Stars,” it was announced on Monday. Check out the video below!
Brown confirmed his participation during a live interview with Hannah Storm on “SportsCenter.” Asked what he’s been doing so far to get ready for the upcoming 22nd season of the ABC ballroom competition, the Pittsburgh Steelers player said, “A lot of dancing for a lot of hours. The preparation, the movements… A lot of quick steps, pointing your feet, being able to move with good posture.”
The NFL star said the experience has been a “challenge” so far, but predicts “it will help [him] out” on the football field. He, of course, is not the first player to compete on the show, and not even the first Steeler to take part. Hines Ward won season 12 back in 2011.
“The pressure is definitely on me to win. Hines already set the standard for Steelers Nation,” Brown acknowledged. He’s already received some good advice from his predecessor, though. “He told me just enjoy it, take what I can out of it, and have fun.”
Brown also thinks football players have an advantage. “I think NFL guys pick up things really quickly. We love the big stage, being able to perform,” he explained. Brown will get his first turn in the spotlight when the season premieres on March 21, but it remains to be seen with whom he’ll be partnered.
He is the third cast member to be officially confirmed, following Jodie Sweetin and Ginger Zee. The rest of the stars will be announced on “Good Morning America” on Tuesday. Watch Brown’s interview below!