Annette Funicello Dead at 70; Star of ‘Mickey Mouse Club’ & Beach Movies Dies
12:59 pm, April 8th, 2013
Annette Funicello, who rose to fame as one of the original “Mouseketeers” and later starred in a string of popular beach movies, has died.
She was 70.
Funicello had been in a coma due to complications from multiple sclerosis.
The singer and actress became a huge star on the original “Mickey Mouse Club” of the 1950s, also recording a number of pop hits.
Funicello and Frankie Avalon were paired in the iconic “beach party” movies of the 1960s, such as Beach Party, Muscle Beach Party, and Beach Blanket Bingo.
She announced that she had multiple sclerosis in 1992.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?