Anne Hathaway: I Was “Obsessive” About Looking “Near Death” for Les Miserables
3:20 pm, November 12th, 2012
If fans thought Anne Hathaway looked deathly ill earlier this year, then mission accomplished.
The one-time Oscar nominee says she was “obsessed” with losing weight for her role in the upcoming film version of Les Miserables.
To shed 25 pounds from her already skinny frame, Hathaway tells Vogue she first started with a cleanse, and then spent two weeks eating nothing but dried oatmeal paste.
“I had to be obsessive about it — the idea was to look near death,” she tells the magazine in its December issue.
“Looking back on the whole experience — and I don’t judge it in any way — it was definitely a little nuts,” continues Hathaway. “It was definitely a break with reality, but I think that’s who [my character] Fantine is anyway.”
Hathaway goes on to admit that when filming wrapped, she was in “a state of deprivation — physical and emotional.”
“When I got home, I couldn’t react to the chaos of the world without being overwhelmed,” she recalls. “It took me weeks till I felt like myself again. ”
“He gets what I do and who I am and supports me in it, and that’s pretty awesome,” she tells Vogue, adding that they share “true love — the full-on romantic, till-death-do-us-part real deal.”
But while Hathaway doesn’t plan on staying extra thin now that production is over on Les Miserables, she is set on keeping a variation of the short hairstyle she dons in the movie.
“I love the short-haired lifestyle,” the actress says, even though it requires her to get haircuts every three weeks.
“But I’m turning 30, and — I hope this isn’t obnoxious to say — feel prettier, and much more myself,” adds Hathaway. “I guess I just feel much more satisfied with less now.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Why Does Shailene Woodley Think Twilight is "Toxic?"
- Harry Styles Takes His Womanizing Ways to the Next Level
- Kylie and Kendall: The Jenner Sister's Most Stylish Moments
- 16 Cute Celebrity Pics from Childhood
- Seriously Gorgeous Shots From Your Fave ANTM Alum