Anne Hathaway to Star in The Taming of the Shrew: Report
3:36 pm, January 15th, 2013
Is Anne Hathaway about to take on Shakespeare?
That’s the buzz, with reports circulating that the actress is set to star in a new modern film adaptation of The Taming of the Shrew.
Hathaway would presumably play the title character Katherine, the sharp-tongued daughter of a wealthy townsman.
The script is being penned by Shame and The Iron Lady screenwriter Abi Morgan, according to The Wrap.
Shakespeare’s 16th century Italian play has been adapted before in Hollywood, the most notable version being Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton’s 1967 movie.
Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger’s 10 Thing I Hate About You is also loosely based on the play.
Gossip Cop has reached out to a rep for Hathaway to confirm the casting.
Do you think Hathaway is a good choice for the part?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank