Anne Hathaway: “I Looked Like My Gay Brother” With Les Miserables Haircut
10:00 am, November 26th, 2012
After cutting off nearly all her hair for Les Miserables, Anne Hathaway was struck by an unexpected similarity.
“When I eventually looked in the mirror, I just thought I looked like my gay brother,” she told the audience at the highly-anticipated film’s first screening in New York on Friday.
It wasn’t just an amusing line — Hathaway’s older brother Michael is indeed gay.
The actress also recently revealed to Vogue that she plans to keep her new look, admitting, “I love the short-haired lifestyle.”
In addition to shedding her long locks, Hathaway also lost 25 pounds for her role as Fantine.
“I had to be obsessive about it,” she told the magazine. “The idea was to look near death.”
Les Miserables opens in theaters on December 25.
Are you looking forward to seeing Hathaway in the movie?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank