Anne Hathaway to Make Broadway Debut in Cabaret Revival?
2:37 pm, April 24th, 2013
“Anne Hathaway to hit Broadway as Sally Bowles in her first role since winning her Oscar,” reads the headline of a story in the Daily Mail, which was picked up by a slew of outlets that didn’t even bother to fact-check it.
According to the British tabloid, Oscar winner Hathaway ”will hit the Great White Way in September, starring alongside Alan Cumming in the legendary musical – in the role first made famous by Liza Minelli.”
The piece goes on to recount how Hathaway sang songs from the musical last October at Joe’s Pub in New York.
But despite the breathless tale, the Daily Mail is 100 PERCENT WRONG.
Hathaway’s rep says the claim is entirely “made up.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness