Anne Hathaway to Make Broadway Debut in Cabaret Revival?
2:37 pm, April 24th, 2013
“Anne Hathaway to hit Broadway as Sally Bowles in her first role since winning her Oscar,” reads the headline of a story in the Daily Mail, which was picked up by a slew of outlets that didn’t even bother to fact-check it.
According to the British tabloid, Oscar winner Hathaway ”will hit the Great White Way in September, starring alongside Alan Cumming in the legendary musical – in the role first made famous by Liza Minelli.”
The piece goes on to recount how Hathaway sang songs from the musical last October at Joe’s Pub in New York.
But despite the breathless tale, the Daily Mail is 100 PERCENT WRONG.
Hathaway’s rep says the claim is entirely “made up.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank