CLAIM: Anne Hathaway Put on “500 Calories a Day Crash Diet”
4:13 pm, March 30th, 2012
“Anne Hathaway is having to resort to a drastic diet to lose weight to play her latest role,” begins a piece in the Daily Mail.
According to the British tab, Hathaway “has been ordered to lose 16lbs in less than three weeks to play dying prostitute Fantine in the movie adaptation of Les Miserables.”
And to achieve the look of a prostitute who’s sick with tuberculosis, the Mail reports that “instead of eating the recommended daily allowance of 2,000 calories a day, the actress is now down to under 500 to achieve the rapid result.”
A so-called “source” for the paper claims, “Producers have assigned [Hathaway] a personal trainer and she is literally eating nothing more than a couple of apples a day, and some protein – mainly in the form of a shake.”
But while it’s true Hathaway’s character needs to look frail, talk of her practically starving herself is “one big exaggeration,” her rep tells Gossip Cop, noting, “She is on a special diet but is not looking to lose that much weight, and is consuming more than 500 calories a day.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?