Ann Curry Announces Today Show Departure Through Tears (VIDEO)
9:25 am, June 28th, 2012VIDEO
“This is not easy to say, but today will be my last morning as a regular co-host on Today,” said Curry, making it official after days of intense speculation.
She added, “I am so grateful, especially to all of you who watch… We often call ourselves a family, but you [viewers] are the real ‘Today Show’ family.”
Later she remarked, “I loved you, and I wanted to give you the world, and I still do.”
After discussing her new role as an NBC News super-correspondent and joking, “After all these years [on morning TV], I’m not even sure I can sleep in anymore,” Curry made perhaps her most wrenching statement.
“For all of you who saw me as a groundbreaker, I’m sorry I couldn’t carry the ball to the finish line,” said Curry, her voice breaking. “But man, I did try.”
Her co-anchor Matt Lauer then offered his goodbye wishes to Curry, saying she has “the biggest heart” of anyone in the business.
Al Roker and Natalie Morales followed suit.
It made for an extremely emotional segment.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents