Ann Curry Confirms: I’m Leaving Today
12:30 am, June 28th, 2012
Ann Curry has confirmed that she is leaving the “Today” show.
An official announcement will be made on Thursday morning’s broadcast.
“I’m going to have to tell our viewers. That’s what makes me more emotional than anything,” says Curry, adding, “I don’t want to leave them. I love them. And I will really miss them.”
Curry admits it is “going to be a bit of a tough day.”
She says she was “hurt deeply” by recent leaks and press reports concerning her uncertain “Today” tenure, and that she was not given enough time to work out whatever kinks cropped up in the show during her year alongside Matt Lauer.
This spring, “Today” lost in some weekly ratings to ABC competitor “Good Morning America” for the first time in 16 years.
Curry will stay with NBC News under the terms of a multi-year contract that makes her an “anchor-at-large” for “Today” and a “national/international correspondent.”
The new role will allow her to travel the world with a seven-person unit, covering major news stories.
She’ll contribute to shows like “Dateline” and the “NBC Nightly News.”
What do you think about Curry’s departure?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?