Angie Miller Emotionally Dedicates “I’ll Stand By You” to Hometown Boston on Idol
9:24 pm, April 17th, 2013VIDEO
Angie Miller’s emotional performance hit a strong chord on Wednesday’s “American Idol,” where she dedicated her rendition of “Stand By You” to Boston.
Before starting off, Miller said, “This is for my home, Boston.”
The poignant performance — which came two days after the city was rocked by bombings near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, leaving three dead and more than 100 injured — received a standing ovation from Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey, and Keith Urban.
Carey said afterward, “Of course all of our hearts and prayers go out to Boston. That was a beautiful dedication.”
“It was perfect, especially tonight, in terms of your hometown,” she added.
Noted Urban, “I thought that was a really good song choice… You have such an amazing voice that makes me want to cry every time.”
Nicki Minaj told Miller, “I loved that you dedicated it to your hometown. That was such a smart choice for you as an artist, not just a human being.”
And Jackson, too, gave a shout out to the city before saying, “I think you’re on your way, man. I really, really do.”
Check out the powerful video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Kate Middleton Fires Her Hairstylist
- Is Jessica Alba Leaving Her Insecurities Behind?
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley - Elegant In Black
- Irina 'Shayks' Her Famous Curves In Low-Cut Suit
- Mariah Carey's Rock Star