Angelina Jolie to Have Ovaries Removed
11:22 am, May 15th, 2013
Angelina Jolie will reportedly undergo more surgery to also have her ovaries removed.
The Oscar winner, who revealed on Tuesday that she had a double mastectomy, still carries a 50 percent risk of developing ovarian cancer.
Jolie’s mom died of ovarian cancer in 2007.
In her New York Times op-ed, the actress said she “started with the breasts, as my risk of breast cancer is higher than my risk of ovarian cancer, and the surgery is more complex.”
But she is still expected to have her ovaries removed, reports People, though the magazine doesn’t say when.
At 37, Jolie is still in her child-bearing years, and could hold off on the operation to have more kids, though doctors recommend having the surgery by age 40.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties