Angelina Jolie to Have Ovaries Removed
11:22 am, May 15th, 2013
Angelina Jolie will reportedly undergo more surgery to also have her ovaries removed.
The Oscar winner, who revealed on Tuesday that she had a double mastectomy, still carries a 50 percent risk of developing ovarian cancer.
Jolie’s mom died of ovarian cancer in 2007.
In her New York Times op-ed, the actress said she “started with the breasts, as my risk of breast cancer is higher than my risk of ovarian cancer, and the surgery is more complex.”
But she is still expected to have her ovaries removed, reports People, though the magazine doesn’t say when.
At 37, Jolie is still in her child-bearing years, and could hold off on the operation to have more kids, though doctors recommend having the surgery by age 40.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- The Top 15 Messiest Celebrity Family Feuds